BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

SAISA Track and Field (21st April - 25th April)

Finally, Geckos have arrived in Dhaka for the SAISA Track and Field competition. This year, eight international schools in total have come joined this event from many countries like India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. Since more schools have come this year, there were more athletes participants this time; many GOOD athletes.

In summary, our team didn't do so well than we aimed; especially 15 and over boys group, where I belong to, did really bad this year. Many NEW and GOOD athletes have joined this year, and they were extremely good and placed in every events they did. As so, our school members couldn't really place in anything. I came in 7th and 8th in my shot put and discuss which was really close, anyway no medals :P and came in 10th? 12th? in 100m and 200m dash.

This year, all new boys and the boys who came up from the 13-14 age group were fast that I had no chance of winning any of running events.15+ age group placed in 4 X 100m and 4 X 400m, but not many of us gained any points from any of individual events. Filippo came in 6th in discuss and I came in 5th in the long jump. and that was it. so overall, we came in second last in our age group. STILL, we worked as hard we could and we have no regret. As the matter of fact this would be my last SAISA, since we are not having SAISA Boys basketball at our school, but SAISA girls football, I kinda wanted to do better, but still we had fun. I hope next year our team will do MUCH better for me !

0 comments: